Knauf is the name of a family. A global group of companies as supplier of building materials. A strong characteristic of Knauf is the courage for visions, innovation and investments as well as simple decision-making processes and a wealth of ideas on the part of its personnel.

Unternehmensgeschichte

 

The company established in 1932 in Perl an der Mosel in Saarland by the brothers Dr. Alfons Knauf and Karl Knauf, Gebr. Knauf Rheinische Gipsindustrie was the nucleus of the Knauf Group which today operates worldwide.

After the Second World War a new beginning was made by building a gypsum plant in Iphofen in Northern Bavaria, which maintains to be the headquarters of the Group until now.

The company's history of Knauf Bauprodukte goes back to the year 1976.

Founded as "Bauprodukte-Department" of "Gebrüder Knauf Westdeutsche Gipswerke" the first 20 products have been presented on the "Bau- trade fair". Being successful right from the beginning the product range has continuously increased. The "Bauprodukte-department" was out-sourced as an independent company in 1984. To date the product range covers an optimally coordinated system of over 300 high quality products to improve, renovate and preserve your living space.

back